Thursday, August 30, 2007

THE HOLY F'N MECCA OF CAKEDOM

I’m taking this week off a.k.a. I’m not facing the scale. I didn’t start out with that intention, but it just worked out that way.

I am really enjoying the Core Plan, and it works. The food is filling and is quite similar to how (and what) I prepared before joining Weight Watchers. The main difference, of course, is that I am supposed to stop eating when I am satisfied. I get that concept and I have no trouble following this guideline.

Unfortunately, I have found myself with some kind of “strap on the feed bag and chow down” switch this week. I’m always very good with breakfast and lunch, but when I finally get home after a hard and stressful day, I just want to douse the shit in my head with food. It doesn’t even have to be good food.

How dumb is that?

Realizing that you have a problem is the first step to recovery, or so I’ve heard.

Also, I am apparently still swayed by what others say as far as my food consumption goes. Read on:

This week at work, someone was having a birthday. Now, my rule since February 1, 2007 has been that if I didn’t make it or bring it, I don’t eat it. Plain and simple.

So, at said birthday celebration in the break room, there was cake - Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream cake. Oh, yes. The Holy F’n Mecca of Cakedom.

I was prepared with a light cheese stick in hand and said “no” to the cake. That was, until a woman said, “You know, Janet, you don’t have to be so virtuous.”

Um, what?!?!

She went on to say that my statement that I would not like a piece of lard-cake really said that others should not have one either.

Say what? I never said that, I merely said that I did not want a piece of cake. Shut your pie hole.

So, what did I do? Did I assert myself and repeat that I did not want a piece of that cake (300+ calories, 15 grams of fat)? No. I ate my cheese stick AND had a piece of that disgusting cake. It totally coated my mouth with its transfat fakeness, and made me sick to my stomach.

Lesson learned - the hard way.

_________________________________

So, I’ve also had a monster headache for the last couple of weeks – I think it could be a sinus headache from allergy symptoms. I’m not very good at taking my allergy meds. Note to self: I should add that to my daily checklist right next to my multivitamin. Anyway, because I have not exercised, I have not lost any weight this week; therefore I will not face the scale monster. I have too much respect for my feeble little mind to give it anything else to worry about this week.

Now, next week, I’m back with a vengeance, kicking ass and taking names.

PEACE.

No comments: